Sunday 18 June 2017

Under the Pressure....


I can now officially take you on a watery journey behind the velvet curtain and way down the pool hatch where we can speak earnestly of such things like pumps, filters, aquatic tanks, chlorine tabs, floating floatrons, filtration systems, long handled brushes and Hayward Robots...impressive, eh?

This now, is the armoury at the disposal of the tight,'Speedo'cladded, 'Pool Technician', as I will, from now on, be probably referred to in some 'watery' circles; as today a new role has been added to my job description. After the last few days of training in emptying and cleaning tanks, identifying pipes, refitting pumps and taking apart filters it's now time for the swimming pool of La Cesa to throw off its cover and officially open with a newly qualified and newly appointed 'Pool Manager' (Hmmm...just promoted myself already!)

The intensive 'Pool Technician Management Seminar' (PTMS) that I enrolled on was finally completed following attendance of an early morning breakfast meeting and assessment before my mentor duly departed and left me with 200 cubic feet of water with the instruction not to let it disappear down the valley and flood locals of Camucia!

The pressure and responsibility was now on my shoulders to carry out scientific tests, monitor levels, turn handles when deemed appropriate, fish out bugs and basically keep the water inside the pool and don't allow it all to evaporate. I also received instruction on what pills to take daily, one orange one for my Ph and another white one to stop my hair from turning green!

I even passed the higher level qualification to operate 'Rodney', a robot that mooches about on the bottom of the pool eating all the dead skin, abandoned vurrucca socks and algae growths. I have now have the honourable task of emptying the bowels of this beast and removing and disposing of the Animal-By-Product within in a safe manner at the end of every month.

All H&S was addressed as part of the course and this assessment mainly involved 'not falling in'!

Signage has been erected to prevent 'Bombing' and 'Heavy Petting' in and around the pool area and topless sunbathing will only allowed with prior management approval.

So, the covers are off and the impressive infinity pool is now open for business so come along and take a refreshing dip....the water is crystal clear and very inviting!

'Under the Pressure'...what a fab moody song by a great underrated band 'The War on Drugs' and a track from the 2014 album, Lost in the Dream!...Enjoy today's track!


Sent wi' th'ipad

1 comment:

  1. I'll be round for a swim next time I am in the area 😄

    ReplyDelete

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...