Tuesday 20 June 2023

Broadsword calling Danny Boy…



So I’m back on the blog…it’s been a while since my last confession so I thought I’d turn over a new leaf, pull out the cork and update the damn thing. I have to confess that these musings don’t come easy…well the musings do, it’s just the application and delivery that is often lacking and problematic.

Looking back I see that there seems to be a massive void of laziness since March 22 so you will be initially pleased (I hope) that I’m not now deceased but have of course been living this charming life to the full, obviously within budget and taking into consideration the high cost of living due to the Brexit/Covid/war in Uganda/lack of pay/train strikes….do I need to continue?…I’m still here, still grumpy and still recalcitrant….expect nothing less il mio amici!



So what have we learned since then? According to my Google timeline interspersed with random photos, apparently iv been to such far flung places such as Middlewich to drink with dancing crows, Folegandros to visit white churches, Glasgow to see Richard Hawley, Porto to drink err….Port and then throw in a few fast trains along the way to Lisbon, Valenthia and Madrid and then, of course, it would be wrong to not to mention hi-life highlights such as Morcambe, Harrogate and Bangor!…


But here we are now, June 2023, with Andromeda still on the home mooring, nestling amongst the summer blooms, while I’m packing the suitcase full of euros to hit the D-Day beaches of Normandy in a few days with the raw excitement and intense anticipation reminiscent of a Canadian paratroopers horse circa. 1945….yes, I’m chomping at the bit!


I know what you’re thinking 🤔…How brave, is Normandy safe now?


Well, of course things have moved on a bit since we fell out a bit with old Billy Big nose who, on his conk-quest, invaded our habitual land of hope and glory and jabbed our heroic Harold in the eye in 1066 but things are more settled now and the French have mellowed into really nice guys now and apparently have an ok rugby team.


Yes, they still are rumoured to eat frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails whilst playing accordion and riding bicycles up the rue du boulangerie but what’s not to like about that? 

So, let’s go and see what lies beneath the stereotypical iconic stripey Breton shirt and the elegant whiff of garlic and ‘erb aftershave (pour homme)

Let’s not judge til we get there….Bon Voyage!



As ever, a jaunty and topical tune will title or accompany the daily blogosphere following this trial…Bon appetite!


1 comment:

  1. I'm disturbed to hear about war in Uganda, Gary. When did that kick-off?

    ReplyDelete

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...