Friday 15 March 2024

For the price of a cup of tea..?

Allah spoke to us via the Imam on top of the 🕌 to let us know it was breakfast time and then we were leaving on the morning 🚌 bus. It took us past the unsightly plastic covered hillsides and down to Ipoh. You can’t ignore the shocking scale of degradation of this area it as it detracts from the normally green 🌳 🌲 🌴 hillsides. It’s where 60% of all the veggies and fruit in Malaysia and Singapore is grown. I have to admit that it has left a sour taste in my mouth, to the point that I have decided make a stand and never to eat 🌽 and fruit 🍉 again! 
From now on I’m going to adopt a strict carnivorous diet to combat this and that way I will be doing my bit to save the 🌍 and il feel a whole lot better…

The tea plantations are tiny in comparison and really only kept for ‘tourism purposes’…What a price to pay!!


From the bus terminal in Ipoh we ‘Grabbed’ it to the awaiting ferry at Marina Island for the short sail to Pangkor Island arriving in perfect time for next 10minute crossing.

By lunchtime I was having pork and rice knocked up for me at Fatt Kee’s in the town.



                                              Murtabak for tea! 


“For the price of a pint of milkI'll tell you all I knowAbout the state of the world todaySit down, enjoy the show..”


‘For the price of a cup of tea’ off the album ‘The Life Pursuit’ by the wonderful ‘Belle & Sebastian’ - wet your whistle and sit back to enjoy the track here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...