Friday 30 June 2017

A Little Uncanny...


Iv spent the last few mornings filling in holes that had been presumably dug by the Cinghiale (wild boar) during the winter. 
The Cinghiale live in the dark, wild, wooded area directly behind La Cesa http://www.lacesa-tuscany.co.uk/ that extends all the way over into Umbria and they are a real problem when they come down during the night as the pesky creatures root about and make holes everywhere they shouldn't.

But a strange thing is happening here....

As I fill in the holes I start to notice more holes appearing, smaller but definitely new holes. More mischievous porky pigs??



Now, I have enjoyed many a 'Dick Attenborough' documentary, and quirky nature intrigues me so this morning I started to investigate further. I found some tracks coming from the woods, some new footprints but they were smaller and weren't trotter shaped? I found a latrine that didn't have pig pooh in it, then I walked further into the olive groves and came across a single apricot tree that had been recently attacked by something trying to get to the fruit...
and then I found this....



....no, not the Euro

A quill....

...so I deduced from my thorough enquiries that the nocturnal culprit must have been a local Porcupine. I looked it up and yes, the Old World Porcupine does knock about in these parts...just need to keep an eye out for one tonight!

Weather Update : Rain at last during the last few nights and again today, only 22 today and cloudy...should brighten up by the weekend!☀️🇮🇹😎

Iv become a little obsessed with Conor Oberst, Ex Bright Eyes Singer Songwriter, and especially this track...hope you enjoy the great harmonica along with the quirky lyrics!
The Album is called Salutations from earlier this year. https://youtu.be/3eJCyJ8vhJM


Sent wi' th'ipad

No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...