Monday 21 March 2022

Lump...



 The food in these parts need a mention, my God it’s tasty….

Being an epicure, I have to be a bit careful with what I eat on my holidays. Food is an important part of the culture and the delicacies identify with the people of an area.



You are what you eat…



I scoured the helpful photos of plates of food for tourists dating back to 1973 ignoring the Cock’O’Van, the Steak ‘Pie-Ella’ and the ‘All Dayo Breakfasto’ in search of a dish the locals would be tucking into.

Bearing in mind my grandad had already warned me that the soup here would be served cold, from when he mistakenly ordered it in Benidorm and had to complain to the waiter and get it microwaved.



I was exhausted by the long list of tempting dishes so opted for the local ‘Platto du jour’ to give me a full flavour of the country in a dining experience.

The ten euro set menu consisted of a healthy option seafood starter called ‘Percebes’ translated as ‘Goose barnacles’ followed by a mystery meaty main course entitled ‘Ballons du Toro con Morcilla’. A generous portion too and as I had ordered it medium rare, it arrived a little chewy and undercooked but after half an hour I had shifted the biggest lumps. I had fancied some oven chips with it but the nearest I got was something named ‘Patatas Bravas’. All perfectly crisp, succulent and seasoned well.

For desert I chose the strangely popular deep fried octopus stuffed with Nutella served on a bed of cold tapioca and washed it all down with a 3litre jug of Sangria.

On the long walk back to the accommodation I stopped off at the Supermercato and picked up a couple of extra toilet rolls, just in case...well you never know because you are not supposed to even drink the water on holiday…

Is this lump outta my head?

I think so!

A little mid 90s rock from The Presidents of the USA boys…



No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...