Thursday 17 March 2022

Summer in the City...




We touched down and a thin fella with a pencil moustache stamped my passport and I was officially ‘Out of Office’. I hadn’t won on the ‘Bingo Lotto’ on the plane but I had been persuaded by the special offer of the ‘Egyptian Magic Cream’, an eco-friendly,slightly pungent holiday lotion, made I suspect, from refined camel semen, to slap on to repel insects and attract the ladies in a handy 5kg ‘travel’ tub.


Totally prepared, I was now in the market for some ‘budget’ beach house  ‘all inclusive’ luxury accommodation, close to all the amenities and in the heart of all the tourist attractions but all the shutters were up and the signs said ‘No Vacancies’? I consulted ‘MuchoGrandeHotelo.com on the intranet and five minutes later I was setting off to find my allocated room following the signs away from the beach towards the quaint sounding ‘Industrial Zona’. The lads were just putting the final touches to the foundations when I arrived.


Fred Dibnah is famous in these parts, with a statue to commemorate all the happy ‘Saga’ holidays he had here away from all the steam and chimney dust. He would come here every August on a bus from Bolton until he died in a jet skiing accident.


 Enjoy this wonderful version of Summer in the City by another favourite band ‘Eels’



No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...