Tuesday 27 June 2023

Who’s in control…?



Tuesday is market day.

Unexpectedly it covered the whole street and offered a plethora of French gastronomy from local unpasteurised cheese, stinky sausage and foie gras to Calvados, Crepes and a massive pan of authentic Spanish Paella! 

I opted for a coffee and sat down to watch the proceedings.


Question….Why have folk started to carry domestic animals around?


It seems bizarre to me that a perfectly fit border collie needs to be manhandled or a skanky ginger Tom carted round in a wicker basket strapped to your chest??… where will it stop?…will they start to fetch other pets out for a look round the market?…a tortoise in a harness perhaps, a ferret in a specially designed compartment in your handbag or maybe a gongoozling goldfish carried aloft in a bowl on a turban? 

We must persevere with the trend until it becomes a little too passé I guess….I digress as I really just don’t know ‘who’s in control?’.


To ease the pain in my brain I opt to head for the sea for a swim. The temperature of the water took my mind off the wonderings so I returned to the gite to catch up with the boys over lunch.



While they went off for the afternoon on the 🚴 🚴 I opted for an amble around the harbour and then settled down in a quiet brasserie in the square with a chilled bottle of ‘Muscadet’ and imagined I was cycling down the Loire Valley….also a bit easier on the arse after 3 days in the saddle!



Who’s in Control was a song by indie band British Sea Power…just to wake you up and get u 🤔thinking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s up…?

Our pad in KLCC Arriving back into Malaysias capital we had a private apartment for the last couple of days in on the opposite side of the c...